Quick Login with OTP
Enter your 10 digit phone number
Monks on Wheels is the OFFICIAL ADVENTURE PARTNER of KSTDC (Karnataka State Tourism Development Corporation)
Monks on Wheels in association with Royal Brothers (Bike Rentals) and Gear N Ride (Riding Gear Rentals) present to you the Ride to Kudremukha, a 2-day experience in the wild with the raw feel of the Western ghats. View in the lush greenery of Mullodi Village, trekking to the Bavikonda peak, enjoying the serene waterfalls, this is the closest you get to nature and peak into history at Halebeedu. Don't stop there yet.
Kudremukh is awesome! Here’s why?
Kudremukh is the largest reserve of a tropical wet evergreen forest in Karnataka, about 330 km from Bengaluru. Kudremukh literally means Horse face, so named because of the unique shape of the Kudremukh Peak. It is a perfect destination for trekking, marked by emerald green forests interspersed with rivers, grassy slopes, and rare orchids.
Warning: You are about to read the most exciting section, a signature hand-crafted, Monks On Wheels experience. This is for people who want to join for some true adventure and unique fun.
Day 1 (Saturday)
1) We say bye to Namma Bengaluru at around 6 AM.
2) A short stop for Breakfast enroute at Mayura Hotel (Unlimited Food Menu).
3) Continue the ride to visit the UNESCO heritage architectural marvel, Halebeedu temple and get ready to pose for those Insta pictures!
4) A professional guide will reveal the ancient rich architecture of the temple.
5) Have sumptuous lunch at Hotel Mayura Velapuri (Unlimited on Food Menu) enroute.
6) Continue with our journey witnessing the beauty of the western ghats.
7) Reach our homestay in Kudremukh and relaxation time after the thrilling ride.
8) Freshen up and gather around the campfire to tea and piping hot snacks (if weather permits).
9) Warm up, indulge in activities, or dance the evening away, hosted by our fun-experts.
10) Dig into a traditional dinner which is unlimited! (Veg & Non Veg)
11) Sleep like a baby at our overnight stay in comfortable dorms.
Day 2 (Sunday)
1) Wake up to the sounds of nature to a steaming hot cup of coffee.
2) Depart from homestay to reach the trek base.
3) Start trekking to view the beauty of the mountain ranges from Bavikonda Peak.
4) Reach the end to get astonished by its beauty.
5) Descend back to the homestay.
6) Enjoy the morning breakfast.
7) Take a small nature walk to nearby Waterfalls.
8) Relax and play at this gorgeous waterfall.
9) Have sumptuous lunch (Veg) and check out from our homestay.
10) Start the return journey to Bengaluru and have dinner (Unlimited on Food Menu) enroute.
11) Reach Namma Bengaluru in the night (around 10 PM) with memories of a lifetime!
We are sure you must be excited but hold on, are you wondering what the package includes?
Answer - we’ve got everything you need covered for your 2 day vacation.
Inclusions of the trip:
1. All delicious meals: - 2 Breakfast, 2 lunch and 2 dinner.
2. Homely accommodation for one night in comfortable dorms with attached bathrooms.
3. Trek to Bavikonda Peak.
4. Visit to a nearby Waterfalls.
5. Local Trek Guide charges.
6. Visit to the UNESCO heritage monument at Halebeedu.
7. Professional guide charges at the temple.
8. Campfire** with snacks and other activities.
9. First Aid kit in case of emergencies. (We hope we don't have any).
10. 2 or more members of Monks on Wheels to manage the ride and keep you entertained throughout the event.
11. GST (yes, we are honest like that!)
Transportation, Fuel & Personal expenses and other things not mentioned above
Now that you have decided to join the trip, congrats on the excellent choice! Monks on Wheels assures you a real experience in nature, distinctive value and finest quality in service.
1) Participants should make their own transport arrangements (bike/car).
2) Monks on Wheels organisers will have radio communication device as a part of safety measure.
3) Total ride distance will be approximately 700 km.
4) Homely accommodation will be in comfortable dorms on sharing basis.
5) A Whatsapp group will be created 2-3 days before the event where all the necessary information like things to carry, assembly point, time etc will be provided.
6) We need a minimum of 6 people to conduct the event or the event might be cancelled with full refund.
7) In an extremely rare scenario, due to unforeseen incidents like natural calamities, road blocks etc. or restrictions by the government or forest department, the itinerary might be changed/modified depending on the situation.
In case you are looking for bike rentals and riding gears-
8) If you don't have a motorcycle, rent a ride at Royal Brothers at a special discount price.
9) For safety gear and touring accessories, rent or buy at Gear N Ride at a special discount price.
COVID-19 Safety & Guidelines:
Before the event:
1) Only register for the event if you don’t have any symptoms of COVID-19 from the past 14 days.
2) Try to avoid crowded places as much as possible once you register for the event.
3) If you develop COVID-19 symptoms after registering for the event, please do not join the event.
4) MW organizers will be checked for temperature and any symptoms of COVID-19 before joining the tour.
5) Age should be in the range of 18-48 years to join the event.
During the event:
1) Participants will be checked for their body temperature and pulse rate before the start of the event. Anyone with a fever/flu like symptoms, temperature and pulse rate above/below the average range will not be allowed to join the trip.
2) Meals during the journey will be provided at a good and hygienic restaurant. Participants may carry their own plate/lunch box/spoon for all meals provided during the trip.
3) Participants are expected to sanitize themselves regularly and wear masks at all possible times.
4) Avoid interaction with other groups or people outside of the event group.
5) If a participant develops COVID-19 symptoms during the journey, only the that person will be isolated, taken to a nearest hospital and arrangements for to return will be made. No one will be allowed to accompany that person.
6) Valid ID proof to be carried.
Rules and instructions for the ride:
1. Helmet is Mandatory for both Rider and pillion.
2. Riding gear is highly recommended.
3. Drink and Drive strictly prohibited.
4. A leader and Sweeper will be assigned. All the riders have to stay between the two.
5. All riders need to get their license and vehicle documents.
6. Only bikes of 150cc and above are allowed.
7. Make sure your bike is serviced and in good condition.
8. Attempting stunts, rash driving and not following the above instruction will lead to direct removal from the group.
The surroundings around the Home stay will make you feel very close to Nature.
We would like to reiterate & be understood that it is a no-frills nature retreat & not a luxury resort but you can definitely trust us to give you the most thrilling experience and the best premium hospitality.
Things required for the event:-
1. Water bottles
2. Rain coat or Umbrella (in case it rains)
4. Personal Medical kit
5. Extra pair of clothing
6. One cover sheet or Garbage Bag (It’s a trek hack, trust us.)
7. Carry bag
8. Jackets or sweaters
9. Trek shoes (any shoes with good grip)
12. Sufficient cash
Refund and Cancellation Policy:
1. If the notice is received more than 20 days prior to the event, 100% of the event amount paid will be refunded.
2. If the notice is received up to 20 days prior to the event, 50% of the event amount paid shall be refunded.
3. All cancellation requests made 5 days prior or on the day of the event, no refund will be made.