Quick Login with OTP
Enter your 10 digit phone number
Monks on Wheels presents to you the perfect trekking destination, Kudremukha.
Kudrmukha is a very well renowned. Here’s why?
Kudremukh is the largest reserve of a tropical wet evergreen forest in Karnataka, about 330 km from Bengaluru. Kudremukh literally means Horse face, so named because of the unique shape of the Kudremukh Peak. It is a perfect destination for trekking, marked by emerald green forests interspersed with rivers, grassy slopes, and rare orchids.
Warning: You are about to read the most exciting section, a signature hand-crafted, Monks On Wheels experience. This is for people who want to join for some true adventure and unique fun.
i) Trek Difficulty – Moderate to difficult (Just do it!)
ii) Trek duration – 7 – 8 hrs in Total
iii) Trek distance – 21 – 22 km in Total
Day 0 (Friday)
1) We say bye to Namma Bengaluru at around 10 PM.
(Please have a light dinner. We don’t want you to starve!)
2) Our experienced organizers will keep you engaged with fun ice breaker session, a great way to bond with your fellow travellers.
3) Next up? Good rest required for the adventure in waiting!
Day 1 (Saturday)
1) Reach the entrance point of Kudremukha.
2) Take a thrilling off-road jeep ride to reach our homestay in the morning to a steaming hot cup of coffee.
3) Freshen up and have a delicious, authentic breakfast.
4) Depart from homestay to reach the trek base.
5) Start trekking to the mighty Kudremukha peak
6) Reach the peak and have your packed lunch with a million-dollar view!
7) Descend to the base and back to our homestay.
8) Freshen up and gather around the campfire to tea and piping hot snacks (if weather permits).
9) Warm-up, indulge in activities, or dance the evening away, hosted by our fun experts.
10) Dig into a traditional dinner which is unlimited! (Veg & Non Veg)
11) Sleep like a baby at our overnight stay in comfortable dorms.
Day 2 (Sunday)
1) Wake up to the sounds of nature and enjoy early morning breakfast.
2) Take a small hike to the picturesque Somavathi Waterfalls. Capture moments, play, and enjoy at the waterfall.
3) Check-out from the homestay and take the jeep ride to return to the entrance point.
4) Start the return journey to Bengaluru. Wait, did you think the fun was over!!?
5) Sing along, dance to good music, and play interactive games on the way
6) Have sumptuous lunch & dinner, (both Unlimited on Food Menu) enroute.
7) Reach Namma Bengaluru in the night around 11:30 PM with memories of a lifetime!
i) Comfortable accommodation for one night in dorms on 4 sharing basis with an attached bathroom.
We are sure you must be excited but hold on, are you wondering what the package includes?
Answer – we’ve got everything you need covered for your 2 day vacation.
1. All delicious meals: – 2 Breakfast, 2 lunch, and 2 dinners.
2. Comfortable accommodation for one night in dorms on 4 sharing basis with an attached bathroom.
3. Trek to the mighty Kudremukha Peak.
4. Visit to picturesque Somavathi Falls.
5. Local Trek Guide charges.
6. Forest entry charges.
7. Off-road jeep ride charges.
8. Campfire** with snacks and other activities.
9. First Aid kit in case of emergencies. (We hope we don’t have any).
10. Non-AC Transport (click to view images) with pushback seats to and fro Bengaluru
11. 2 or more members of Monks on Wheels to keep you entertained throughout the event.
12. GST (yes, we are honest like that!)
Personal expenses and other things not mentioned above
Now that you have decided to join the trip, congrats on the excellent choice! Monks on Wheels assures you a real experience in nature, distinctive value and finest quality in service.
1) You have the option to make your own transportation arrangements (car/bike/public transport) to join the event for which per person price: Rs. 4869/- (No hidden charges)
2) Partial payment of Rs. 3300/- can be made to book your slot. Remaining amount to be paid online/cash on the day of the trip
3) Monks on Wheels trek leads will have radio communication device as a part of safety measure
4) Comfortable accommodation for one night in dorms on 4 sharing basis with attached bathroom.
5) A Whatsapp group will be created 2-3 days before the event where all the necessary information like things to carry, pick up points, time etc will be provided
6) We need a minimum of 9 people to conduct the event or the event might be cancelled with a full refund
7) In an extremely rare scenario, due to unforeseen incidents like natural calamities, roadblocks etc. or restrictions by the government or forest department, the itinerary might be changed/modified depending on the situation.
The surroundings around the Homestay/Hotel/Camp will make you feel very close to Nature.
We would like to reiterate & be understood that it is a no-frills nature retreat & not a luxury resort but you can definitely trust us to give you the most thrilling experience and the best premium hospitality.
Things to Carry
2. Umbrellas or rain coat (optional)
3. Carry bags
4. Water bottles
6. Medicines (if any)
7. Trek shoes (any footwear with good grip will do)
8. Mobile Charger
9. First Aid Kit
10. Extra pair of clothing
11. Sufficient amount of cash
12. Portable chargers
COVID Safety & Guidelines
Double dose vaccination of COVID-19 or RTPCR Test report of COVID-19 less than 72 hours is mandatory for all participants.
Kudremukh Trek FAQs
Q. Which is the best time to visit Kudremukh?
A. Kudremukh is the largest reserve of tropical wet evergreen forests in Karnataka. The best time to visit Kudremukh is between October and February.
Q. Is Kudremukh trek difficult?
A. The difficulty level of the Kudremukh trek is moderate to difficult. You need to cover 10-11 km one way.
Q. What is the duration of Kudremukh trek?
A. The total trekking duration of the Kudremukh trek is 7-8 hours.
Q. What is the total trekking distance of Kudremukh trek?
A. The total trekking distance of the Kudremukh trek is 21 – 22 km
Monks on Wheels (The Official Adventure Partner of KSTDC - Karnataka Tourism) is a premium experiential travel company for Adventure tours & Corporate events.