Quick Login with OTP
Enter your 10 digit phone number
We bid farewell to this year's pleasant winter at the north most fort of Mumbai, where we camp the night on top of a fort.
Our trip begins with a rustic ride that is not very far from Mumbai. We stroll across a farming village and let the scents welcome us to a rural life. We hike through a sleepy forest whose wilderness awakens our senses. We adjust our sights and explore our route to the top of the hill as the forest wakes up with the passing light. At the top, we let the cool breeze carry away our sweat as we setup our campsite. After burning calories, we treat ourselves to a nutritious meal, cooked on firewood tribal style. Then we spend the next hour exploring the fort ruins with the night wind whispering in our ears. Finally, we relax and enjoy a calm, cold night in the outdoors chilling with the oncoming winter.
About the location:
Distant yet near is a town called Palghar, it is on the northern side of Mumbai and is a convenient outdoor site from the hustle bustle of routine Mumbai life. Villages of Palghar region are closely associated with the Warli tribe lifestyle and their well known paintings. Few miles from Palghar city is our spot of interest, a forest which is regarded as a blessing by the nearby villages. Forming a range, there are many mountains in this region covered with vegetation and wildlife. The forest is home to significant species of trees and plants that provide for the people and is a home to elusive animals including monkeys, reptiles, deers and a few more. This forest is a good example of a harmonious coexistence between man & nature.
- Meet at Borivali Station at 2.00pm.
- Board the train and reach Palghar.
- Ride the private village transport from Palghar station to reach the base village.
- Reach the base village & Start the trek.
- Summit the top and set-up the tents.
- Have a freshly cooked tribal dinner.
- Engage in a night exploration of the peak.
- Dream diving in cozy sleeping bags.
- Rise with the sun.
- Begin the downward leg of the trek.
- Reach base village and board a private vehicle for Palghar station.
- Reach Borivali station
- Tickets and entry charges wherever applicable.
- Road journeys
- Dinner and breakfast
- Camping amenities
- Trek Expertise by Certified Mountaineers trained at Jawahar Institute of Mountaineering, Kashmir
- First Aid by Certified Wilderness First Responder (WFR) trained by Wilderness Medical Associates International, USA
Hey!! Here is the contact number of Venue for more information..