Quick Login with OTP
Enter your 10 digit phone number
Hampi, also referred to as the Group of Monuments at Hampi, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site located in east-central Karnataka, India. It became the centre of the Hindu Vijayanagara Empire capital in the 14th century.
Located in Karnataka near the modern-era city of Hosapete, Hampi's ruins are spread over 4,100 hectares (16 sq mi) and it has been described by UNESCO as an "austere, grandiose site" of more than 1,600 surviving remains of the last great Hindu kingdom in South India that includes "forts, riverside features, royal and sacred complexes, temples, shrines, pillared halls, mandapas, memorial structures, water structures and others". Hampi predates the Vijayanagara Empire; there is evidence of Ashokan epigraphy, and it is mentioned in the Ramayana and the Puranas of Hinduism as Pampaa Devi Tirtha Kshetra.Hampi continues to be an important religious centre, housing the Virupaksha Temple, an active Adi Shankara-linked monastery and various monuments belonging to the old city.Major Attractions:
1) Huge stone boulders over hillrocks.
2) Hanuman's birth place
3) Visit and explore numerous Ancient Heritages.
4) Ancient Inverted image camera at Virupaksha Temple.
5) Coracle Boat Ride in the Tungabhadra River.
6) Hippies markets and sink into laid back culture.
7) Vitthala temple and Musical Pillers.
8) Sunrise from Mantanga Hills.
9) Sunset from Hemkunta Hills.
Things To Carry:
ID Proof (Pan card/Driving License)
1. Extra Pair of Clothes
2. Sanitary Kit and Energy Drinks
3. Personal Medicines or First Aid Kit
4. Dry Snacks and Water bottle
5. Cap, goggle, sun screen etc….
6. Sport shoes or Good quality Floaters
7. Camera (Optional)