Quick Login with OTP
Enter your 10 digit phone number
Event Grade: Easy
Endurance Level: Easy
Height of Plateau: 2300 ft approx.
Total time required for climbing: 2 hours of normal climb
Duration: 1 Night
Prabalmachi is located between Matheran and Panvel and comes under the Raigad District in the state of Maharashtra, India.This is a very small and remote village on the base of Fort Prabalgad. The beauty of this place is due to its rustic location where you find lots of nature and no pollution at all.Trek to Prabalmachi is about 1.5 hrs to 2 hours from its base. Height of the Prabalmachi village is 390 metres above sea level.
The village of Prabalmachi is the ‘base camp’ for a trek up the Prabalgad Fort (766 m) and Kalavantin is a 500m .It is located near the Machi and Vajepur villages.The Prabalgad Fort stands at an elevation of 2,300 feet in the Western Ghats. The fort was previously known as Muranjan until it was taken over and renamed by the Maratha forces under Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj’s rule. The fort has a Ganesh temple and some unidentified stone ruins. Its sister fort is Irshalgad. Right next to Prabalgad, to its north, lies the steep Kalavantin fort.
• Scenic view of city from Prabalmachi / plateau and the cool breeze
• Enjoy a panoramic view of the Sahyadris
• Amazing hike in the woods
• Wonderful climbs
• Camping at the top of the plateau
• Games with lots of fun
We’ll be boarding the below train from nearest local station. Train timings are shared below for convenience:
Participant need to board 2nd Compartment
Panvel Slow Local
04:51 pm - CSTM
05:09 pm - Wadala
05:20 pm - Kurla
05:39 pm - Vashi
06:09 pm - Panvel
Thane Slow Local
05:22 pm - Thane
05:51 pm - Nerul
06:13 pm - Panvel
Meeting Point : Panvel Railway Station at 06:15 pm
06:15 pm Meet Adventure GeekTeam at Panvel station and move towards Thakurwadi by local transport
07:15 pm Reach Base village, freshen up, gear up for the trek
07:30 pm Introduction round and brief on rules and regulations to be followed by everyone on the event
07:45 pm Start the trek, Reach plateau by 09.30pm
09:45 pm Dinner time freshen up enjoy local cuisines specially cooked for us
10.30 pm Night walk to spot Fireflies around us enjoy watching them
back to campsite,and If tired can retire and take rest in tents.
07:00 am Wake up call, freshen up.
08:00 am Breakfast.
09:00 am Start descending post breakfast along with the beautiful memories from the event
10:30 am Start return journey towards Mumbai by local transport
11:00 am Reach Mumbai and bid adieu with a promise to meet again.
Event Fee: Rs.1300/- per person. Payment once done is non-refundable, do check for availability before making a payment.
The cost per head includes the following.
• Travel from Panvel to Base village and Return
• Unlimited Dinner, breakfast in the morning
• Tent Camping (2 PERSON TENT)
• Local guidance
• First aid
• All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
• Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
• Any kind of personal expenses.
• Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
• All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
Things to carry
• Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
• 2 Litres of water must
• Good trekking shoes
• Power bank
• Carry Blanket
• Torch with new batteries
• Extra pair of clothes, socks optional
• Cap, Camera as Optional
• 1 packet of electoral, enerzal, glucon-D
• Medications if required for individual
• Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
• And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.
Everyone loves to travel, but not everyone loves to travel the same way. Adventures Geek gather trips of a feather together so you can spend less time searching and more time dreaming about where you’ll go next and be adventurous. May it be local living, journeys, family, marine, classic camping, glamping or YOLO, we are there for you.
Adventure Geek also termed by people as "adventure freaks" is community of adventure and outdoor enthusiasts completely dedicated to wanting to travel for adventure and nature around the globe instead of sitting, partying or chilling within the city chaos.
Based in Mumbai, Adventure Geek is a one-stop-solution for people who want to get out of the hustle bustle of the city during their weekly holiday or a long weekends to meet new people, find some adventure and spend the night close to the nature under the moonlit sky with millions of twinkling stars.
Adventure Geek's team consists of adventurers who have done anything that one could possibly do to travel and find adventures in their nearby vicinity. Yes, we explore what is unexplored.
We conduct wide range of activities such as trekking, rafting, paragliding, camping, scuba diving, and many more...
We also undertake and organise private trek and camping for schools, classes, college, families and offices.
"MAY THE ADVENTURE BE WITHIN YOU!"
Hey!! Here is the contact number of Venue for more information..