Quick Login with OTP
Enter your 10 digit phone number
Want to Camp amidst the woods? Relive the Nostalgia of Malgudi Days? Light a campfire in the middle of nowhere? Ride and discover a serene and gorgeous side of nature?
Monks on Wheels in collaboration with Figg Nature brings to you a memorable ride through the ghats of Agumbe.
Agumbe is awesome! Here’s why?
A village located in the Shimoga district of Karnataka, Agumbe is about 360 km from Bangalore. Nestled in the bounty of Malnad region, Agumbe is among the places in India that receive very heavy rainfall earning it the name- ‘Cherrapunji of South’. The charming town is also where the famed Malgudi Days was shot.
Warning: You are about to read the most exciting section, a signature hand-crafted, Monks On Wheels experience. This is for people who want to join for some true adventure and unique fun.
Day 1 (Saturday)
1) We say bye to Namma Bengaluru at around 6 AM.
2) A short stop for Breakfast enroute at Mayura Hotel (Unlimited Food Menu).
3) Continue with our journey to Agumbe witnessing the beauty of the western ghats.
4) Reach our campsite in Agumbe and have a home cooked lunch (Veg & Non Veg)
5) Take a joyful ride to the picturesque Kundadri Hills.
6) Relax and get an outstanding view of the sunset from the hills.
7) Return back to the campsite
8) Freshen up and gather around the campfire to tea and piping hot snacks (if weather permits).
9) Warm up, indulge in activities, or dance the evening away, hosted by our fun-experts.
10) Dig into a traditional dinner which is unlimited! (Veg & Non Veg)
11) Sleep like a baby at our overnight stay in tents.
Day 2 (Sunday)
1) Wake up to the sounds of the forest.
2) Indulge in yourself around nature by Meditation to your Mind & Body Relief.
3) Enjoy an early morning breakfast.
4) Drive to visit the historic Kavaledurga Fort, get ready to pose for those Insta pictures!
5) Start the return journey to Bengaluru.
7) Have sumptuous lunch (both Unlimited on Food Menu) enroute.
8) Reach Namma Bengaluru in the night (around 09.30 PM) with memories of a lifetime!
We are sure you must be excited but hold on, are you wondering what the package includes?
Answer - we’ve got everything you need covered for your 2 day vacation.
Inclusions of the trip:
1. All delicious meals: - 2 Breakfast, 2 lunch and 1 dinner.
2. Comfortable accommodation for one night in tents with sleeping bag inside the Jungle.
3. Ride to the picturesque Kundadri Hills.
4. Visit to historic Kavaledurga Fort.
5. Forest & other entry charges
6. Campfire** with snacks and other activities.
7. Meditation Session for Mind and Body Relief.
8. First Aid kit in case of emergencies. (We hope we don't have any).
9. 2 or more members of Monks on Wheels to keep you entertained throughout the event.
10. GST (yes, we are honest like that!)
Transportation, Dinner on Day 2 & Personal expenses and other things not mentioned above
Now that you have decided to join the trip, congrats on the excellent choice! Monks on Wheels assures you a real experience in nature, distinctive value and finest quality in service.
1) Participants should make their own transport arrangements (bike/car).
2) Monks on Wheels organisers will have radio communication device as a part of safety measure.
3) Total ride distance will be approximately 840 km.
4) Comfortable accommodation will be in tents on single/double sharing basis.
5) A Whatsapp group will be created 2-3 days before the event where all the necessary information like things to carry, assembly point, time etc will be provided.
6) We need a minimum of 6 people to conduct the event or the event might be cancelled with full refund.
7) In an extremely rare scenario, due to unforeseen incidents like natural calamities, road blocks etc. or restrictions by the government or forest department, the itinerary might be changed/modified depending on the situation.
Rules and instructions for the ride:
1. Helmet is Mandatory for both Rider and pillion.
2. Riding gear is highly recommended.
3. Drink and Drive strictly prohibited.
4. A leader and Sweeper will be assigned. All the riders have to stay between the two.
5. All riders need to get their license and vehicle documents.
6. Only bikes of 150cc and above are allowed.
7. Make sure your bike is serviced and in good condition.
8. Attempting stunts, rash driving and not following the above instruction will lead to direct removal from the group.
The surroundings around the Home stay will make you feel very close to Nature.
We would like to reiterate & be understood that it is a no-frills nature retreat & not a luxury resort but you can definitely trust us to give you the most thrilling experience and the best premium hospitality.
Things required for the event:-
1. Water bottles
2. Raincoat or Umbrella (in case it rains)
4. Personal Medical kit
5. Extra pair of clothing
6. One cover sheet or Garbage Bag (It’s a trek hack, trust us.)
7. Carry bag
8. Jackets or sweaters
9. Trek shoes (any shoes with good grip)
12. Sufficient cash
Refund and Cancellation Policy:
1. If the notice is received more than 20 days prior to the event, 100% of the event amount paid will be refunded.
2. If the notice is received up to 20 days prior to the event, 50% of the event amount paid shall be refunded.
3. All cancellation requests made 5 days prior or on the day of the event, no refund will be made.
4. In case a participant, after registration, develops COVID-19 symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19, 70% of the event amount paid shall be refunded.