Quick Login with OTP
Enter your 10 digit phone number
Monks on Wheels is the OFFICIAL ADVENTURE PARTNER of KSTDC (Karnataka State Tourism Development Corporation)
Start your life of adventure and gear up for a road trip with Monks on Wheels as we take you on a small trek to off-beat Ballalarayana Durga Fort, a hidden Kodige Waterfall and the UNESCO Heritage architectural marvel at Halebeedu
Ballalarayana Durga Fort and Kodige Waterfalls have a mysterious aura. Here’s why?
Ballalarayana Durga is a lesser known Historical Monument located in the dense jungles of Western Ghats just 300km from Bengaluru. Ballalarayana Durga fort provides you the feeling of thriller as well as a sinister charm.
Kodige waterfalls beauty can captivate anyone. It is a perfect experience to satisfy your wanderlust.
Chennakeshava Temple at Belur is listed under the UNESCO world heritage sites. It is one of the wonderful examples of Hoysala Style of architectiure which took over 100 years for construction.
Warning: You are about to read the most exciting section, a signature hand-crafted, Monks On Wheels experience. This is for people who want to join for some true adventure and unique fun.
Day 1 (Saturday)
1) We say bye to Namma Bengaluru at around 6 AM.
2) A short stop for Breakfast enroute at Mayura Hotel (Unlimited Food Menu).
3) Continue with our journey to Kalasa witnessing the beauty of the western ghats.
4) Reach our homestay and have a home-cooked lunch (Veg)
5) Take a joyful ride to the hidden Kodige Waterfalls.
6) Relax and play at this gorgeous waterfall.
7) Return back to the homestay
8) Freshen up and gather around the campfire to tea and piping hot snacks (if weather permits).
9) Warm-up, indulge in activities, or dance the evening away, hosted by our fun-experts.
10) Dig into a traditional dinner which is unlimited! (Veg & Non-Veg)
11) Sleep like a baby at our overnight stay in comfortable dorms.
Day 2 (Sunday)
1) Wake up to the sounds of nature to a steaming hot cup of coffee.
2) Depart from homestay to reach the trek base.
3) Start trekking to the isolated off-beat Ballalarayanadurga fort.
4) Reach the fort to get astonished by its beauty.
5) Have your packed breakfast with a million-dollar view!
6) Descend to the base and drive (give your tired muscles a rest) back to the homestay.
7) Have sumptuous lunch(Veg) and check out from our homestay.
8) Drive to visit the UNESCO heritage architectural marvel, Belur temple, and get ready to pose for those Insta pictures!
9) A professional guide will reveal the ancient rich architecture of the temple.
10) Start the return journey to Bengaluru.
11) Reach Namma Bengaluru in the night (around 10.30 PM) with memories of a lifetime!
i) Trek Difficulty - Moderate to difficult (Just do it!)
ii) Trek duration - 3 - 4 hrs (Total)
iii) Trek distance – 3 - 4 km (Total)
iv) Homely accommodation in comfortable dorms on sharing basis.
We are sure you must be excited but hold on, are you wondering what the package includes?
Answer - we’ve got everything you need covered for your 2-day vacation.
Inclusions of the trip:
1. All delicious meals: - 2 Breakfast, 2 lunch, and 1 dinner.
2. Homely accommodation for one night in comfortable dorms with attached bathrooms.
3. Trek to the isolated Ballalarayanadurga Fort.
4. Visit to the hidden Kodige Waterfalls.
5. Local Trek Guide charges.
6. Forest entry charges.
7. Visit to the UNESCO heritage monument at Belur.
8. Professional guide charges at the temple.
9. Campfire** with snacks and other activities.
10. First Aid kit in case of emergencies. (We hope we don't have any).
11. 2 or more members of Monks on Wheels to keep you entertained throughout the event.
12. GST (yes, we are honest like that!)
Transportation, Fuel, Dinner on Day 2, Personal expenses and other things not mentioned above
Now that you have decided to join the trip, congrats on the excellent choice! Monks on Wheels assures you a real experience in nature, distinctive value, and the finest quality in service.
Early Bird Price for per person: Rs. 3669/- (No Hidden Charges)
Note: Early Bird offer valid for the first 9 slots only
Regular Price for per person: Rs. 4569/- (No Hidden Charges)
COVID-19 Safety & Guidelines:
Before the event:
1) Only register for the event if you don’t have any symptoms of COVID-19 from the past 14 days.
2) Try to avoid crowded places as much as possible once you register for the event.
3) If you develop COVID-19 symptoms after registering for the event, please do not join the event.
4) MW organizers will be checked for temperature and any symptoms of COVID-19 before joining the tour.
5) Age should be in the range of 18-48 years to join the event.
During the event:
1) Participants will be checked for their body temperature and pulse rate before the start of the event. Anyone with a fever/flu like symptoms, temperature and pulse rate above/below the average range will not be allowed to join the trip.
2) Meals during the journey will be provided at a good and hygienic restaurant. Participants may carry their own plate/lunch box/spoon for all meals provided during the trip.
3) Participants are expected to sanitize themselves regularly and wear masks at all possible times.
4) Avoid interaction with other groups or people outside of the event group.
5) If a participant develops COVID-19 symptoms during the journey, only the that person will be isolated, taken to a nearest hospital and arrangements for that person to return will be made. No one will be allowed to accompany that person.
6) Valid ID proof to be carried.
Rules and instructions for the ride:
1. Helmet is Mandatory for both Rider and pillion.
2. Riding gear is highly recommended.
3. Drink and Drive strictly prohibited.
4. A leader and Sweeper will be assigned. All the riders have to stay between the two.
5. All riders need to get their valid license and vehicle documents.
6. Only bikes of 150cc and above are allowed.
7. Make sure your bike is serviced and in good condition.
8. Attempting stunts, rash driving and not following the above instruction will lead to direct removal from the group.
The surroundings around the Homestay will make you feel very close to Nature.
We would like to reiterate & be understood that it is a no-frills nature retreat & not a luxury resort but you can definitely trust us to give you the most thrilling experience and the best premium hospitality.
Things required for the event:-
1. Water bottles
2. Raincoat or Umbrella (in case it rains)
4. Personal Medical kit
5. Extra pair of clothing
6. One cover sheet or Garbage Bag (It’s a trek hack, trust us.)
7. Carry bag
8. Jackets or sweaters
9. Trek shoes (any shoes with good grip)
12. Sufficient cash
Refund and Cancellation Policy:
1. If the notice is received more than 20 days prior to the event, 100% of the event amount paid will be refunded.
2. If the notice is received up to 20 days prior to the event, 50% of the event amount paid shall be refunded.
3. All cancellation requests made 5 days prior or on the day of the event, no refund will be made.
4. No refund will be made for any type of cancellation if partial payment is done.