Quick Login with OTP
Enter your 10 digit phone number
Get ready to start your life of adventure and gear up to join the Monks on Wheels as we take you to one of the best treks in Chikmagalur, the ruins of an isolated Ballalarayana Durga Fort.
An easy trek which is suitable for all age groups who are looking for a fun-filled weekend getaway with nature.
Ballalarayana Durga is a place of Historical Monument and it is located in the Western Ghats of Chikmagalur district. On top of a mighty peak at dense jungles of the Western Ghats there awaits the Ballalarayana Durga fort trek. All that ruins of this fort are its dilapidated traces, however, the luxurious green forests with the steep slopes around the Ballalarayana Durga fort provides you with the feeling of a thriller as well as a sinister charm
Day 0 :
We start from our beloved city on friday night , a journey of around 330+ km.
Day 1 :
1. After a night filled with ice breaker sessions and a much needed sleep, we reach the home stay at dawn.
2. After an overnight journey, we might be a little slacked, so it’s important to freshen up and have breakfast.
3. Once we shrug off the slackness, we move onto our first activity of the trip – A trek to Ballalarayanadurga Fort.
4. Have packed lunch at the peak.
5. A total of 5-6 km trek to the historic fort and back.
6. After the trek, we visit a near by waterfalls.
7. Once you notice that the sun has sunk on the west, gather near the campfire to share tales of you and your companions, showcase some of your dance moves and let go of everything and sing your heart out.
We will however require the rain gods’ permission for this.
8. You must be hungry? Aren’t you? Dig into some local delicacies to enjoy.
9. End the day with Overnight stay.
Day 2 :
1. We wake up early and we will go for a small estate walk around the homestay
2. Tea is not enough to keep your stomachs from growling, is it? After the walk, Breakfast is next.
3.Leave from the homestay and proceed to the famous Halebeedu temple.
4. Lunch(self sponsored) is next.
5. After lunch we start our Return journey to the Bengaluru city , have dinner(self sponsored) enroute and reach at night.
About Monks On Wheels : Monks on Wheels is one of the best trekking organisers in Bangalore but our travels extend beyond treks alone. Bangalore’s work culture is as bustling as its play! We like our weekends to be happening and social media worthy and Monks on Wheels have some innovative and fresh events for you to explore. There’s no shortage of adventure sports in Bangalore and we’re here to make the most of it. Adventure games in Bangalore now have a permanent address with Monks on Wheels.